Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I Waste Time Too

One of the key subjects of this blog is writing productivity, so you'd think I'd always follow my own advice and rarely procrastinate or waste precious writing time.

Not true. I still waste shocking amounts of time, and I regularly struggle with procrastination. I've even been known to procrastinate by berating myself for procrastinating!

Yes, you'll find plenty of tips and strategies here to help you avert these writing vices, but the bottom line is this: occasional wasted time and procrastination are fundamental parts of all writers' lives. We are all fallible.

Just be aware of this and seek out a few effective techniques to help stop you from wasting too much time. This is what separates effective and productive writers from everyone else.