Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Keeping At It

Most of my posts are stupid.
My content isn't good enough.
There's no way anything I write could be useful to anyone
Why do I even bother to post anything at all?
Nobody reads me.


Tell me you've never thought these thoughts and I'll tell you you're lying.

But here's another thought to consider: Did you know that everybody else out there thinks these thoughts too?

That's why most of the other bloggers out there will quit. They'll give up in a haze of frustration, discouraged that no one reads them and nothing they write matters.

But not you. You will keep at it. You will take advantage of the fact that nobody reads you, and use that window of obscurity to practice your craft. And when you do get noticed, you'll be ready with truly great material.